AVG Internet Security 2012 provides robust online protection for home users. The product benefits from a dedicated team of Internet security specialists and a worldwide community of over 100 million users, who help AVG to constantly advance its feature sets and product strength.
AVG technologists have listened to our users and concentrated on producing a noticeably faster and leaner product. At 65 MB, the file size of AVG Internet Security 2012 comes in well below that of our three closest competitors despite adding 127 new features. AVG 2012 also improves upon our last edition by speeding up full disk scans by up to 50 percent and browser launches by up to 10 percent.
Engineered to work at a level appropriate to differing users’ needs, Internet Security 2012’s core role is to render viruses, spam, spyware and Trojans helpless while making identity theft, web exploits, drive-by phishing and rootkits a distant memory.
AVG Internet Security 2012 protects users while they are surfing the web and communicating on Instant Messenger (IM) services, while simultaneously securing Local Area Networks (if they exist) against hazardous system attacks.
With multi-layered (but tightly integrated) technologies, AVG users will not have to worry about identity theft, viruses, or risks associated with visiting harmful websites leaving you to shop, bank and transact with confidence, block spammers and scammers, download/share files and chat safely. Users can also enjoy peace of mind when networking on Facebook.
AVG 2012 Internet Security is built with some completely new features since our 2011 product release. New in 2012 is AVG Accelerator, which helps speed up Internet experiences by accelerating downloads and Flash videos.
Also new is AVG Advisor, which provides assistance and recommendations in case of detected memory problems caused by browser sessions where tabs have been open for a long time. It is a new proactive service that monitors the computer and provides the user with solutions on various problems they may have. This includes “overuse of memory” by Internet browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer only.)
- AVG Accelerator maximizes computer connectivity to deliver content[NNA1] .
- Less time is spent waiting for videos and other content-rich files to download.
- Supports Flash Videos and some other content-rich files (additional target file types will be added in subsequent releases).
- On by default, can be managed in advanced settings.
- Managed by advanced settings under LinkScanner®.
- Research indicates that users often have browsers open for many hours (as many as 15-24 hours at a time) without knowing that these applications are constantly consuming the available memory of the PC.
- Over time, available memory is reduced to a low level and this causes a computer to slow down.
- AVG Advisor in a new proactive service that monitors the computer and advises the user with solutions on various problems they may have.
- Prompts “overuse of memory” by Internet browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer only.)
- Can be manually turned off if required.
- Managed via a link from the pro-active pop-up, which opens advanced settings in tray notification.
Not only have we introduced new features such as these but we’ve also enhanced a whole category of existing tools and utilities to make sure that you never miss a beat. Here’s a list of just some of the enhancements we’ve made.
- Footprint and performance is improved throughout.
- Fewer processes, less memory usage, faster boot time, the AVG 2012 technology proposition is focused on actually speeding up your PC as it protects.
- Web security is improved and enhances the detection of evasive web threats.
- User Interface (UI) reorganized for a more intuitive look and feel.
- Several UI components have been grouped together to reduce number of components in overview.
- There is also the addition of default settings for advanced the “Identity Protection settings” dialogue.
AVG has fixed notification about logged in users in the restart request dialogue and the “Ignore the state of this component” option is now only available from advanced settings.