If you don’t know about MultiMi, then here’s what it does. MultiMi brings together updates from multiple platforms, including Youtube, Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, Gmail, LinkedIn and more.
It’s great because it acts like a social media aggregator and is designed to let users stay in touch with the people that matter in their life.
MultiMi was launched in beta in June 2011 and since then lots of time and effort has been put into improving the platform and listening to user feedback.
Eidan Apelbaum, creator of MultiMi, explained that this release incorporated a year of performance enhancements. “We are now confident this app deserves to move out of the beta stage.”
Among the changes to the MultiMi platform are the following:
- A major overhaul of the design user interface and look and feel
- Full home and tab customization
- Edit and save photos from any source
- A built-in RSS reader
- Support for Google Reader
- Support for Pocket (formerly Read It Later)
- The built-in browser now uses Chromium instead of Internet Explorer for improved performance
What’s great about MultiMi is its ability to simplify our experience of social media experience, explains JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies.
“As people spend more time online and use multiple platforms to engage, we are constantly searching for ways to simplify, improve and better secure their online experience.
“Whether they want to share holiday photos, post about how they feel or simply tweet some news – it’s fast and safe with MultiMi. And because it’s integrated with AVG LinkScanner® security technology, it protects all your personal information on the web.”
Go here to download MultiMi for Windows® for free. This product supports a broad range of service including:
- Email — Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, PoP3 and IMAP
- Social — Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Calendars — Facebook, Google
- RSS — Google reader and Pocket
- Photos — Picasa, Facebook and Flickr
- Media — YouTube
- Docs — Gdocs, Box.net
- Chat — Gtalk and Facebook