Summer is approaching in lots of spots around the world, which means trips away, days in the park and country walks. With the increased mobility and activity that summer often brings, the opportunities to lose your mobile go up and you can get caught out by nasty roaming charges.
We asked our Facebook Community for tips and tricks that they use to stop their cells and tablets getting lost or left behind in the sand, at a restaurant, cafe, bar, park.
- Get yourself a carry case or pouch to put your phone in. Pick one that you can strap or connect onto your belt clip. This way, the phone is always by you and you can’t lose or misplace it
- Set up a locate phone app on your mobile device and have it connected to your PC. So if you do lose your phone, you can locate it and lock it.
- If you are staying in a hotel it can be a good idea to leave valuables, including your mobile in the room safe.
- Be sure to turn roaming and all apps off, because when you go on a holiday outside your own country, you will receive a nice fat phone bill!
- Try not to use geo-tagging technology such as when taking photos on mobile phones or “checking into” places on Facebook when on holiday so that strangers cannot find out you are away and possibly break into/cause damage to your property.
For help keeping your phone secure and your information private, check out AVG AntiVirus for Android.